January 7, 2014

Bila kita menjadi buruh..know your right peeps!


My friend recently was given 2 weeks notice by current employer.
Reason being :

1) Did not perform well in current duties.
( Premis opens at 7a.m, friend arrives at 6.50 am to open. So much of early comer huh? )

2) Lots of MC's taken.
( This friend suffers from a skin-disease condition. If the condition worsens unexpectedly, it spread to the palm and hand, thus my friend cannot hold anything let alone ride the bike to go to work ) For a note, overtaken MC's are deduced as non paid leaves eventually.

3) Poor job performance.
Customers mostly are happy dealing with my friend. Good customer service i reckon.
( I said this not because this is a friend of mine, notes from suggestion box says this )

Therefore my friend did not understand why this thing took place. But, is fully aware of a 'scheme' or shall i say 'conspiracy' to eliminate her from the payroll. And how does my friend knows?
- Accidentally read an email from working laptop in the office. this laptop is accessible by workers. the email stated about how that someone yang so busuk hati proposed to eliminate this ill-fated person from job, saying that the performance sucks. Whereby actually this busuk hati person wished to bring in more busuk hati ppl ( the busuk ati's friends laaa )to the workplace.

See? This is what i referred to job-politicking. We find politics, gimmicks now in whatever we are doing. What pissed me more is when my friend referred this case to Labour Office ( LO ), the officer was not being helpful, at all. I mean come on, can't you like do something simple like listening and go through the case without simply brushed things off? I mean straight away based on the LO website dah terang lagi bersuluh this particular employer dah buat salah, my friend takde kontrak kerja tau..feel free to click on this link:
http://jtksm.mohr.gov.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=68&Itemid=554&lang=ms

If we, the worker knows about our right, there are a lot of things that can be queried at the first place. Like ei hello kontrak kerja saya mana? Mana clause dalam kontrak yang mengatakan kalo saya diberi notis it will be 2 weeks notis? Kat mana mention dalam kontrak yang kalo saya amik MC sebab sakit akan diterminate due to bad performance? Mana dalam kontrak yang mengatakan MC indicates my performance? Kalo nak terminate saya sebab saya sakit, kenapa tak hantar pada company dr and evaluate saya tak sehat? ha mana? mana?

Tapi tu la sorry to say kalo kerja dengan company yang bukan MNC or small scale, employees are often exposed to this kind of situation. Like i said, know your rights in order to protect yourself..Employer pon jangan la amik kesempatan dekat worker yang jujur bekerja. Sometimes its crucial for you to investigate what's your 'eyes and ears' been telling you all this while..they might be playing you around too, Boss.

To my friend, stay strong. This is just another pathetic people that you have to encounter in your life. Trust me, doa orang yang teraniaya tiada hijabnya dengan Allah SWT. And my dear readers, know your rights!



No comments:

Post a Comment